Find the best fit for you, call today 1-844-502-2459!
Trying to decide on the best TV provider for your home? Check out our detailed comparisons between DIRECTV and other major cable and satellite companies.
Find your Features:
DIRECTV features include extensive channel lineups and exclusive packages and deals. Learn about these exciting packages and special offers.
Don’t wait another day! Enjoying great TV in your home is completely simple when you choose DIRECTV. Call now to order.
Will your signal travel best by land or by air?
Cable and satellite TV use completely different methods to deliver TV service to your home. Access to either method largely depends on where you live.
Cable TV signals travel over coaxial cable lines buried underground or connected to telephone or electrical poles. A cable technician may connect your home to underground cable lines through an above-ground terminal. From there, a technician can run a coaxial line to your home and connect your TV for cable service. The primary drawback to cable TV is that coaxial cable lines are expensive. Cable TV is more readily available in urban or suburban communities.
Satellite TV signals travel through the air from satellite to satellite. Like a bank shot in a billiards game, the TV signal pings off of a satellite above the Earth’s atmosphere to the satellite dish connected to your home, car, boat or anywhere else you can mount a satellite dish. The largest benefit to choosing satellite TV is that all you need to get satellite TV service is a clear view of the southern sky. From a farm in central Kansas to a boat in the middle of a lake, satellite TV is widely available. Even an apartment in the center of a booming metropolis can use a satellite TV connection.
Pricing will vary depending upon which package you choose. DIRECTV also offers many bonus offers, such as three free months of premiums movie channels, and equipment upgrades to qualified customers. This, paired with standard professional installation included in up to four rooms,1 helps keep overall costs low without sacrificing quality.
Cable companies like Time Warner Cable, Comcast and Cox cable offer many packages, as well. Compare packages in your price rage across cable and satellite services and see which ones offer the most channels, the most HD channels, the best price on upgrades, and premium movie and sports channels. You may be surprised to find out just how much you give up when you choose a cable company versus satellite service.[/toggle_framed]
Check out a Channel Comparison
DIRECTV offers more than 315 channels of news, sports, TV series, movies, music and more. DIRECTV also has more than 200 full-time HD channels. 2 Only DIRECTV has exclusive sports packages, such as NFL SUNDAY TICKET and NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX 3. DISH Network offers more than 320 channels in its “Everything” package. Check specific channel listings to be sure your TV service offers your favorite channels.
Top 10 reasons DIRECTV beats cable
- For the 16th year in a row, DIRECTV rated higher in customer satisfaction than cable. As compared to major subscription cable TV providers: 2001- 2016. 2016 American Customer Satisfaction Index.
- Signal reliability — DIRECTV offers 99% worry-free signal reliability. (Based on a Nationwide Study of representative cities.)
- Available across the United States — DIRECTV is available across the entire country. All you need is a clear view of the southern sky and you can get amazing programming from DIRECTV.
- HD channels — Why splurge on an HD television if your cable company only offers a handful of HD channels? DIRECTV offers more than 200 full-time HD channels, the most of any satellite TV service.
- HD sports4 — DIRECTV offers an incredible lineup of sports channels with the most sports available in HD. Don’t miss a second of the best plays when you watch them in stunning HD.
- Exclusive sports packages—Only DIRECTV offers NFL SUNDAY TICKET and NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX. DIRECTV customers can enjoy exclusive content, behind-the-scenes interviews and mobile access to some of their favorite sports.
- More movies in 1080p,5 the same format as Blu-ray™ — Make movie night your family’s favorite night of the week when you have access to more movies in brilliant 1080p from DIRECTV.
- More than 315 channels — DIRECTV offers hundreds of programming options, including local channels in over 99% of the U.S., 6 national networks and international packages.
- Introducing Genie™, the most advanced HD DVR ever. Genie™, only from DIRECTV, is one HD DVR receiver that serves yourentire home. So now you can enjoy a full HD DVR experience on every TV in your home, without seeing an inconvenient box in each and every room.7 Genie™ also avoids recording conflicts by letting you record any 5 shows you want, all at the same time, all in HD.8 Genie™ even recommends new shows you might like, based on what you already watch. Opt-in to Genie Recommends required And, with up to 3 times more HD recording capacity than cable Comparison based on hours of HD recording with one Genie HD DVR setup (model HR24 only)., there’s more than enough room, so you won’t have to delete your favorite pre-recorded shows again. An HD DVR so advanced, your every TV wish is granted.
- Incredible value—DIRECTV goes above and beyond to keep its customers satisfied. You won’t find a more affordable selection of services and features than with DIRECTV.